Check This Out...

2.13.2008

She’s Got 'IT!'

I got a lot of feedback concerning my last column about the 'it' factor. Thanks for the responses. Keep ‘em coming.

I got to thinking a little more about the subject, and wanted to focus my attention on a few more workers that I think have 'it.' And these aren’t just any workers ... they are, in my opinion, three of the hottest commodities in TNA right now ... three exceptional female workers. And they all have IT! Here’s why ...

First off, the female division in TNA has been getting a lot of buzz lately. It’s been the highest rated segment of the show, and in many people’s opinions, the best booked angle on Impact. I agree, the TNA bookers have booked the females very very well. But, I think the TNA women’s division isn’t booming simply because of the booking ... it comes down to talent.

The first lady in question:

1) Awesome Kong

Women’s wrestling has been dying for a girl like Awesome Kong to come along. For too long, women’s wrestling has been strictly T ‘n A. Now, that being said, T ‘n A does have its place in wrestling. But, when that’s the only focus of the match, then, the result is crap like WWE pillow fights that ultimately are a complete insult to the wrestling business. So a worker like Kong is a breath of fresh air.
Awesome Kong most definitely has it.

First, she’s got the look. Not only does she have the look, she know how to use it. Her facials are always on cue, and she really knows how to use her size and look to her advantage. Her look and facials are the main reason I think I’m drawn to her. She just looks 'awesome' on camera.

Second, she has the wrestling ability. From what I’ve seen, and from what I’ve heard from various females on the TNA roster, she can work. Not only is she menacing, and everything she does looks great ... apparently she’s not stiff. Which is awesome. Too often, monsters that look menacing in the ring are just that ... menacing to be in the ring with - and they end up hurting guys left and right. And that’s just not the art of wrestling. Awesome Kong appreciates the art. She’s a really good worker.

Lastly, she has the right attitude. I’ve personally met Kong, and I was pleasantly surprised at her attitude. She’s humble. She’s just a good person. Actually, I’m amazed at the attitudes of all the TNA female workers. They pretty much all get along. Which can’t be said for all female rosters in all top wrestling companies in North America. :) The females in TNA want the product to succeed. And you can tell. Because they go out there and work matches that get the match over, not just individual performances. They are unselfish. And it shows. That’s why the division is thriving.

Like I said, Awesome Kong is a breath of fresh air to women’s wrestling. I think she has a long career ahead of her.

2) ODB

Boy did the WWE miss the boat on this girl! She’s got charisma and talent coming out of her butt ... which she makes a point of slapping throughout her matches! ODB definitely has it.

How can you help but not watch this girl. She draws you into her performances everytime. You just don’t know what she is gonna do next! Which is one reason why I think she has that 'it factor.' It’s not always what she does while she’s wrestling ... it’s what she does in between moves that keeps my attention. Which is something too many workers fail to do well. She really is a great performer. Not only does she have it ... but she 'gets it' too. (I’ll do another column on 'getting it' at a later date).

Again, add an exceptional work-rate to her charisma and you got a girl that just has it all over her. Her match with Awesome Kong at the last TNA PPV 'Against All Odds' was one of the best matches on the card. The same cannot be said about female matches in the Fed. They tend to be popcorn matches. Not in TNA. ODB and Kong kicked butt. I advice anyone who didn’t see the PPV to order it. It was a really solid PPV.

ODB also has something that many women in wrestling are missing ... a gimmick. That’s another thing about the TNA women’s division. They aren’t just all the same girl with different heads. They all look different. For the most part, they all have different gimmicks. And, they’re all decent workers. ODB is one of them. She’s got a great gimmick, great charisma, and a great work ethic. Not to mention a great attitude. She’s awesome. A great girl that deserves all the success she is receiving.

This brings us to the last woman in TNA that I think really has it ...

3) Traci Brooks

Unlike ODB and Awesome Kong, I’ve had the privilege of getting to work with Traci numerous times. Everytime I’ve worked with her, it’s been great. She just gets it, man.

Traci knows her role in wrestling. She knows what she’s good at, and she sticks to it. She doesn’t try to do too much. She sticks to the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) formula, and therefore, she excels. I’ve talked with her at length about this. She knows her limitations. So she works around them. I can identify with this because I do the same thing. I talked about that in my last article. Traci knows what female wrestling is all about. She’s know what the fans want. And she gives it to them time and time again.

Traci’s split with Robert Roode was (and is) one of the hottest things going on TNA TV. The crowd is digging Traci. And it’s truly not just because she’s got big boobs and is eye candy for the fans. It’s because she knows how to work. Her facials are great. Her promos have been great too. She really upped her game in this angle and she’s made the whole thing go over really well.

I honestly can’t say enough good things about Traci Brooks. I really mean it. She’s the hardest working female in pro wrestling today. She paid her dues. And she has it. Like Kong and ODB, she deserves the success she’s receiving right now.

I want to conclude this article by saying one thing ... I don’t typically like women’s wrestling. I honestly don’t. I’ve been open about this with numerous females on the Ontario indy scene. I think it has it’s place, but, in the end, I’ve always just said, 'I’d rather watch the guys do it.'

I’ve now found the exception to my old rule. The TNA women’s division. And, these three girls in particular. They put on great matches night in and night out and entertain me everytime they are on the screen. They draw me in. They all have it.

Let me know what you think O’sters.

That’s it for me. As I always say ... Keep givin’er! And keep reading.

Cody Deaner


4 comments: on "She’s Got 'IT!'"

Anonymous said...

I guess one out of three aint bad. I am a total Awesome Kong mark! One day she will be my future ex wife. I love her look, her style, and her finisher. She is better than alot of male wrestlers in my opinion.

ODB has a great gimmick? Really? I am still trying to figure out what it is. I havent enjoyed one match from her. Okay. Not any TNA matches. Breast grab, ass slap, vagina pat, drink. Thats all I see from her.

Traci may be nice but her match with Kong has been the only Kong match I didnt enjoy.

I am glad that Kong came along and shook the wrestling scene in regards to their female stars. I hate the term diva. She is different from any female in the WWE or TNA. Plus I just love staring at her. Ya'll can keep them skinny bitches like McCool, Kelly x 2, and Jillian. I'll take Kong anyday and pray for that reverse Pedigree. A-guuuuh...

Anonymous said...

Dante:

Thanks for the comments.

"ODB has a great gimmick? Really? I am still trying to figure out what it is."

ODB is One Dirty Bitch. She drinks. Does things that a "lady" or a typical "diva" shouldn't do (i.e. drink and slap her breasts). She's just over the top. She's dirty. And she's crazy. What's not to get?

I've heard this argument from a few other people. I don't understand why people don't "get it." If anyone else wants to shed any further light on this ... feel free.

"Traci may be nice but her match with Kong has been the only Kong match I didnt enjoy."

I didn't see her match with Kong, so I can't comment on that.

My arguments as to why Traci has "it" are not based on the fact that she is "nice." :) It's based on the fact that she is a smart worker that knows how to get an angle, herself, and those around her over. Plain and simple.

Thanks for the feedback.

Keep givin'er,
Cody Deaner

Anonymous said...

I don't think any chick in the WWE ha s it included Beth. She sucks

Anonymous said...

Good to see TNA getting something right, is great that the girls are getting a good crack of the whip there, they have talented women there so use them, is a pity WWE don't watch, can pick up a few tips! Create more belts for them, make it more better, is a step in the right direction for the women, well done TNA!