Check This Out...

5.01.2010

Nickolye's SmackDown! Recap

* Kofi Kingston vs. Chris Jericho

Jericho has a mic to give his farewell address. Jericho: "I told all of you 12 months ago when I came to this show that I'd became the face of SmackDown and I have. Look at the face of SmackDown.

I dazzled you with my presence, I took this show to a different level, I provided some of the greatest matches you have ever seen and you know it. It's time for me to go on and be the face of Raw.

But I don't want any of you hypocrites to fret because I know you're going to be sad. I know that you're going to miss me. There's gonna be an empty hole in your lives every Friday night from now on. (Fans chant YOU SUCK!) No I don't, cause it's time for all of you to move on, listen to the advice I gave you. It's time for you to move on. It's time for all of you to grow up." Kofi: "Grow up? Nah why don't you shut up?! And if you can't do that or you just don't know how, then let me help you out with a BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!"

The bell rings and Jericho slams his head on the turnbuckle but he runs into Kofi's boots. Kofi leaps onto him in a corner to lay in the punches but Jericho counters with a powerbomb and we to go to our first commercial break. We come back and Jericho's assault sends Kofi to the floor.

Jericho rolls Kingston back intot he ring and Jericho puts him in a rear chinlock with the arm trapped. Kofi fights up and out the submission and goes on offense. Jericho avoids a splash in the corner so Kofi crashes and Jericho covers for 2. He chokes him on the ropes and kicks Kingston in the gut. Kofi gets a couple punches in but Jericho puts him back in a chinlock.

The fans cheer Kofi on and he fights up to his a springboard crossbody for 2. Chops and a jumping clothesline take Jericho down. Jericho counters him and goes for the Walls of Jericho, but Kofi countered that into a rollup for 2. Jericho counters the Trouble in Paradise into the Walls of Jericho! Kofi struggles and finally reaches the ropes.

Jericho argues with the ref so Kofi dropkicks him. Jericho avoids the Boom Drop and hits the CODEBREAKER. Kingston rolls to the floor from the impact, so Jericho manages to bring Kofi back into the ring, and Kofi kicks out! Jericho kicks the ropes in anger, then kicks Kofi in the ribs. He taunts the fans, and that delay allows Kofi to hit Trouble in Paradise for the win! WINNER: Kofi Kingston.

Backstage Jack Swagger is standing in front of a camera. Swagger: "My name is Jack Swagger, the World Heavyweight Champion. Did you know after winning the 2002 Rose Bowl I was invited to the White House by the greatest presidnet in history, George W. Bush?" That's it? That's all he says - really. Breaktime.

Jericho comes out holding his jaw then talks to someone off screen. He bad-mouths the person and asks if he is being listened to. Jericho scoffs and as soon as he walks off BAM! Big giant right hand clocks him as we see Big Show tells him, "Yeah, I heard you."

In the ring, Chavo Guerrero has a microhone. Chavo: "There's no need to rub your eyes, no need to adjust your TV sets. It's true, yes yes. Chavo, is back on SmackDown baby! No longer am I under the thumb of the Raw guest host. I'm back and it feels good. Think about the possibilities - not one, but two Guerreros here on SmackDown. Me and my Aunt Vickie.

You all know that me and Vickie are like this. Put your hands together and welcome back your favorite SmackDown superstar, me, Chavo Guerrero." BOOM! Here comes Kane heading to the ring. Chavo tries to talk to him but Kane gives him a chokeslam! Kane: "Welcome back, Chavo." Still to come, John Morrison vs. Cody Rhodes, sometime after this commercial break. We come back with some words from Shad Gaspard. Shad: "All these new faces coming from Raw. They really think it's their time, but they're wrong. It's MY time. MY time."

* John Morrison vs. Cody Rhodes

Cody Rhodes is back! We haven't seen him since WrestleMania. They lock up and Morrison backs him intot he ropes. Cody slaps him then applies him in a side headlock and beats him down in a corner. Morrison fires back with some forearm shots and a jumping calf kick followed up with a standing shooting star press. Cody escapes to the outside and Morrison follows. Cody imitates the Flying Chuck by jumping off the steps kicking Morrison in the head. He rolls him into the ring as we go to commercials.

Rhodes is in control when we come back, and Morrison counters a submission hold. Rhodes dropkicks him for a two-count. Rhodes drops him with a front suplex and hits a kneedrop for 2. He goes back to the crossface chicken wing but Morrison fights out. The crowd cheers for Morrison but Rhodes continues the offense. Morrison finally gets his momentum up but Rhodes hits a HIGH moonsault to a standing Morrison! Rhodes bodyslams him but misses the kneedrop.

Morrison hits a dropkick and both men are down. Morrison connects with lefts and rights, reversals by both men with a rollup, then Morrison connects with the springboard thrust kick for 2.9! Rhodes counters a suplex then Morrison counters Cross Rhodes with a flapjack.

Rhodes avoids a potential Starship Pain then he hits the Alabama Slam! Matt Striker says, "That's Hardcore!" Morrison kicked out! Morrison hits the running knee strike, counters him with a pele kick, but Cody bounces off the ropes to finally connect with Cross Rhodes to end the match. WINNER: Cody Rhodes.

Backstage Jack Swagger continues to give us info about his collegiate past. Blah blah blah. Edge is seen walking to the ring to give his farewell address after these next set of commercials. The WWE "Smack of the Night" is from Monday Night Raw when Edge speared Randy Orton, costing him the #1 contender's spot for the WWE Championship. Speaking of Edge, here comes the Rated R SU-perstar (a la Tony Chimel).

* Edge's Farewell Address

Edge: "Unfortunately, I've been drafted to Raw. I'll be perfectly honest, I don't wanna go. SmackDown has always felt like my home. You people felt like my family. Through all of my injuries you people have supported me, even when I didn't deserve it. You support is what got me back from this Achilles injury. I wanna come out here tonight and tell you a proper goodbye. I wanna tell you that from the bottom of my heart, I love you." Here comes Christian! Are we finally going to get the confrontation we all want? Edge: "I know why you're out here, but before you get to it I just have to say Edge & Christian! E&C.

You people obviously remember everythhing we did. Before you wish me luck on Raw I gotta tell you that you're my best friend. And because you're my best friend I wanna wish you luck on SmackDown buddy." Christian: "Well Edge, it seems like people a lot of people remember the history of Edge and Christian. We've known each other since the sixth grade. We went to high school together, we were roommates in college. We broke into this business together. We made it to the WWE together. We became 7-time WWE Tag Team Champions together. You know what that means?

That means that I know you better than anybody. Actually it probably means I know you better than yourself. It also means that I know everything you said before I came out here was a load of crap. Look, you had an amazing career. You've come back from series of serious injuries and the WWE Universe respected you for that, I don't think you know how much. The problem is, Edge, you never really respected them back. You did what Edge always does. You used them to get what you want."

Edge: "I'm starting to get this. This isn't about me, is it? This is about you, right? You've had a great career no doubt, but I'm a 9-time world champion. Christian, how many world championships have you won?" Christian: "You're right Edge, I've never been World Champion... yet. But when I do, I'm gonna win it on my own merit, not because I'm stepping on other people's necks to do it. I know what you're trying to do, you're trying to change the subject. I'm gonna look in your eyes and tell you what you are. You, are, a liar."

Edge looks confused, but finally fesses up. Edge: "You know what, you're right! You didn't see that coming. You're right, I can't wait to get off this show! For the last few months I've been the puppet master and these people have been my puppets. I made these people say spear spear spear anytime I wanted to, and guess what, they did it. I am a master psychologist. I played everybody in this arena and the enitire world, and guess what? I enjoy every second of it."

Christian: "You know ever since I came back to the WWE, the peeps have been asking, everybody's been asking when are we gonna see Edge & Christian reunite. When are gonna see them make one more runfor the title? But finally it donned on me. After all these years I realized you used me too. You know something? When I first came back I thought it might a possibilty, but I don't wanna see Edge & Christian anymore. I think I'd rather see Edge vs. Christian right here, right now!"

Edge strips off his jacket looking like he's ready for a fight but then says no. Christian says, "That's exactly what I..." and Edge attacks him mid-sentence! Edge sets up to spear Christian but Christian kicks him and they brawl. Christian tries to deliver the Killswitch but Edge slips out of the ring. Christian: "You know something Edge, I think I have a better chance than spear spear spear. It goes something like this: NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE." Breaktime.

Josh Matthews asks Edge is he and Christian will ever go face to face. Edge dismisses him and says Christian wouldn't stand a chance. Big Show walks up behind Edge and says it's too bad we'll never see that match. He says it's too bad they won't have a match either, then he CLOCKS Edge! BAM!

* Simply Flawless vs. Beth Phoenix {Women's Champ} & Kelly Kelly

Vickie Guerrero is accompanying Michelle McCool & Layla as usual. McCool is wearing a shirt that says "Bad move Kelly." McCool bullies Kelly at the beginning, but then Kelly gives her a spinning head scissors. He does a hurricanrana and gets a 2-count. mcCool sends her to the apron and yells, "This is my show Kelly!" Chaos ensues and Vickie attacks Kelly while the ref is distracted by Phoenix. McCool gets a two-count back in the ring, and lifts her up but Kelly counters with a head scissors. Layla tags in and stops Kelly's attempt to tag out.

Kelly avoids a legdrop and Phoenic tags in! Beth goes after the heels but then Layla dropkicks Beth in the back. Phoenix hits a clothesline off the second rope. She pushes Layla into McCool which sends her to the floor. Phoenix drops Layla with a splingshot suplex, tags in Kelly, and Kelly hits the jumping legdrop for the win. WINNERS: Beth Phoenix and Kelly X2.

backstage with more Swagger boasting. This time he talks about turning down scholarships from multiple universities. Is this going anywhere? I know where to go now, to breaktime. We come back with Chris Masters doing his pec dance to the theme of SmackDown. "Now that's a Masterpiece." No, that's disturbing.

Dolph Ziggler makes his way to the ring now, apparently to talk and not wrestle. Ziggler: "I did everyone here on SmackDown a huge favor last Monday night. It's pretty much the proudest moment of my career. Take a look." Next we get to see footage from Raw of him choking Hornswoggle out with the sleeper hold. "Now no one will ever see that little troll on SD ever again. I put him to sleep, and now he's in leprechaun heaven."

Afterwards, we see footage from last week's SmackDown when Drew McIntyre stomped Matt Hardy's head on the steel steps. After the ref called the match over McIntyre attacked Hardy some more and told him that's the last time he wants to see him. Backstage now, and Josh Matthews interviews Hardy about his status on his health. Hardy: "Josh, I've suffered a lot of injuries but nothing like what McIntyre did last week. It has affect me physically and psychologically. But I'm going to come back, I always come back." McIntyre jumps Hardy! He hits his double-arm DDT to Hardy on the floor as several referees try to send Drew away. Breaktime.

We come back with JTG backstage, and he talked to himself and says he would look good with gold around his waist. Out comes the entire Straight Edge Society to the ring.

* CM Punk & S.E.S. promo

Punk: "Last Sunday was Extreme Rules and I know the WWE Universe thought Rey Mysterio was going to defeat me and shave my head bald. Here's the sobering reality, I said I was going to beat Rey and I did it, single-handedly. My symbol of purity remains on my head and unfairly Luke Gallows and Serena were ejected from ringside and I beat Rey Mysterio all by myself. It's no secret, I'll tell you how I did it. I am straight-edge. I am drug free and alcohol free and I am stronger than all of you." I"M COMING! Here come the newly drafted MVP back to SmackDown! MVP: "Yes, the cornrow-wearing savoir-fairing modern day mack is BACK." Punk: "I wasn't done talking."

MVP: "That is the problem. Before I say another word, I have to apologize to the SmackDown audience, you have to listen to this moron every week. Punk, do us all a favor a shut up! You call yourself a savior, but the only savior is me. I'm saving these people from hearing you and your tired rhetoric. I remember when SmackDown was cool and the VIP Lounce was poppin'. And here you come like a wet blanket with your no drinking, no fun. I can't make a lot of promosies, but I can promise that Friday nights will be hot again."

MVP attacks Punk and Gallows! They start to double team MVP but then Rey Mysterio comes out for the save. Mysterio lowers the ropes and Gallows fals tot he floor. Mysterio and MVP look to double team Punk but Gallows pulls him out of the ring and we go to break.

* CM Punk & Luke Gallows vs. MVP & Rey Mysterio

MVP and Gallows are battling after the bell rings when we come back from break. Rey tags in and MVP drops him onto Gallows with a double team move. Gallows stops Rey with a boot to the face. Punk tags in and sticks his boot in Rey's face. He delivers a back suplex and follows with three legdrops for a two-count. He locks in the figure-4 headlock as the fans cheer for Mysterio. Rey kicks Punk in the head to get out. Gallows tags in, Punk suplexes Rey and Gallows follows up with a splash for 2. Gallows with a throat thrust and Punk tags in with a forearm to the back. Mysterio tries to tag but Punk slams Rey for 2. Punk delivers knees to the gut, but Mysterio counters Punk with a tornado DDT.

MVP is calling for the tag and gets it! Gallows is in too but MVP tosses him. Throat thrust, face to knee, and the BALLIN' elbow drop connects! Punk breaks up the count and Mysterio hits the senton splash onto him. Gallows is on the ropes, Mysterio hits "the 619," and MVP follows up with "the 305" (which is a jumping complete shot - yes, the same move the recently released Shelton Benjamin used to do). WINNERS: Mysterio and MVP. MVP is celebrating on a turnbuckle, and the mysterious man in a hoodie attacks Rey Mysterio again! He runs out before anybody can get to him.

More Swagger boasting. Swagger: "My name is Jack Swagger, the World Heavyweight Champion. Did you know that I graduated with honored with a 4.0 GPA? As a graduate of the University of Oklahoma I was invited back with a key to the commencement ceremony." I get it now, Swagger is giving his own version of DID YOU KNOW useless facts. Whatever. Breaktime!

* Jack Swagger promo

Even Todd Grisham says Swagger was giving his own Did You Know facts. The crowd boos him as he walks around the ring showing off his title. Swagger: "When I was a young boy growing up in Perry, Oklahoma, I was about two years old and my father sat me down. I have something very important to say. Please let me finish. When I was about two years old..." The crowd boos Swagger every time he talks. HA! "Sit down and listen to me. As long as I have this championship... sit down!" The fans chant YOU SUCK! "My father sat me down and wanted to talk to me, man to man. Do you know what he told me? He said 'Son, one day you'll be a world champion.'

By the time I had reached 5 I completed the first grade and was already six inches taller than my classmates." The crowd continues to boo Swagger as he's talking. Whenever he stops talking the crowd quiets down, but when he starts up again the boos get loud. Swagger talks more about himself growing up and getting a full scholarship at the University of Oklahoma. He says he was the premier collegiate athlete. "Thank you, it was hard work but I earned it.

Since I'm being honest and pouring out my heart to you tonight, my greatest and crowning achievement was when I won the World Heavyweight Championship. And 30 days ago when I won this championship I once again sat down with my daddy and he talked to me man to man. Do you know what he told me? He said 'Son, I told you so. I, told, you, so.' So now I'm telling each and every one of you that I, Jack Swagger, am your World Heavyweight Champion. And I am going to be World Heavyweight Champion, until I retire."

Here comes the General Managaer of SmackDown, Theodore Long. Matt Striker whines and says he was enjoying Swagger talking. At least somebody was. Long: "Well Jack, I think we heard just about enough from you playa. Now I know what these people here and the WWE Universe want to hear, and that is the introduction of the new #1 contender who will face you for the World Heavyweight Championship." WELL, IT'S THE BIG SHOW! Swagger's face is the look of complete shock and surprise. He sizes up Show when he steps in the ring.

Show: "Ladies and gentlemen, Jack Swagger and his accomplishments. You know what Swagger, do you know what doctors said when I was born? 'OH MY GOD, do you see the size of him?!' You are many things Jack Swagger, but you are not like I am. I am the world's largest athlete. That's not to take any credit away from your accomplishments. (The crowd chants KNOCK HIM OUT!)

Let's list your accomlishments. #1, you went to college. #2, you earned a degree. #3, you were eagle scout. #4, you're standing here the World Heavyweight Champion. When I think about it there's only one little thing you need to add to your résumé: early retirement." And with that, BAM! Show decks Jack Swagger with the big right hand, and Swagger is KO'd! Show celebrates his third knockout of the night as SmackDown comes to a close.


0 comments: on "Nickolye's SmackDown! Recap"