Check This Out...

8.19.2007

Hip-Hop Loves Wrestling! Pt.5

Well O-sters, I'm off to L.A. Home of palm trees, hot chicks and that bangin'-ass West Coast sound.

Here's hoping I run into Compton's DJ Quik - my favourite West Coast hip-hip artist. Speaking of Quik, he gets quoted in my latest edition of "Hip-Hop Loves Wrestling".

Y'all know the history of this piece already. If not, here is your chance to catch up...

Read the first article here: Part One. Here's the second: Part Two.

The third: Part Three. And the fourth: Part Four.

And without further ado...here is Part Five y'all. See ya in a week.

1) "Now stay tuned to every Busta Rhymes coming soon,
I will King Kong on niggaz like Gorilla Monsoon"

-Busta Rhymes on "Do My Thing" from the album, The Coming (1996)

2) "Check out how I get biz,
Me and the microphone is like The Junkyard Dog and The Haiti Kid"

-Keith Murray of Def Squad on "Check N' Me Out" from the album, El Nino (1998)

3) "I'll dropkick a hurricane, body slam a tidal wave,
Walk through a tornado, or a volcano"

-Fresh Prince (Will Smith) of D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince on "He's The D.J., I'm The Rapper" from the album, He's The D.J., I'm The Rapper (1987)

4) "I gets deeper and my hold is so cold, it's a sleeper,
so pass the reefer"

-DJ Quik on "Pitch In Ona Party" from the album, Balance & Options (2000)

5) "I got permission to put ya momma in a headlock,
She tried to jook me in a figure-four leg lock"

-Ludacris on "Block Lockdown" from the album, Word of Mouf (2001)

6) "Now you in my court and your wackness fits the glove,
If you ain't hip-hop, wrestling or titties, you gets no love!"

-Dan-e-o on "The Best Posse Cut You Ever Heard" from the Abdominal and DJ Fase album, Flowtation Device (2000)

7) "Suppressing dudes' your gesture, while you siesta on the rest of the world, I suggest ya get a move on like a wrestler"

-Dan-e-o on "Mental Mirage" (recorded in 1996) from the album, Dear Hip Hop (2004) and also available on DJ Law presents The Art of Lyricism: Dan-e-o's Finest (2007)

Pick it up here.

8) "Di hammer dem a slam and spend day a dead now,
Some bwoy could a big like Bam Bam Bigelow"

-Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley on "Road To Zion" from the album, Welcome To Jamrock (2005)

9) "You ham get bodyslammed, you say, 'Damn, he's a ram',
You jellyfish clam can't rock the king of the jam"

-Donald D on "On Tour" from the album, Notorious (1989)

10) "There ain't no love and no respect, it's like a gang it's like a club or a set,
Hip-hop's the new WWF, What do you rap or do you wrestle? Niggaz love to forget"

-Talib Kweli on "Hostile Gospel, Pt. 1" from the album, Eardrum (2007)

11) "Go hard like Iverson playin with hurt ankles,
Plus, wrestle the topic from a different Kurt Angle!"

-Talib Kweli on "In The Mood" from the album, Eardrum (2007)

12) "I'm Kazaam, and I'm next
Ed gave the tag, here's the suplex
Here's the pin - we win"

-Kazaam on "Club Scene" from the Special Ed album, Youngest In Charge (1989)

13) "We start drowning in all that shit, getting deeper
Mind's in a chokehold, or should I say a sleeper"

-Def Jef on "Speak Upon It" from the Ed O.G. & Da Bulldogs album, Life Of A Kid In The Ghetto (1991)


4 comments: on "Hip-Hop Loves Wrestling! Pt.5"

Anonymous said...

Just~FYI
The weather here has been HOT!!!
Never drive the 405 FWY
(if you can in ANY way avoid it)

I call it the,
"Foghettabout Over 5~mph Freeway"

In Los Angeles~if cars are moving~
it's not considered "traffic."

I have my doubts about drivers & if they really know what "merge" means~so be careful when getting on the FWYs here!

I love to read Tha "O" Show and love all you crazy guys, too!!!
Have Fun while you're here in L.A!
Diana Holliday
*Hollywood, CA*

Unknown said...

There is a new song on the newest Jed i Mind Tricks album. Let me look for it.


Yeah, you like Napoleon Bonaparte
I throw a dart and blow your bones apart
The lonely part's when you fallin' like you Owen Hart
My fuckin' soul is dark, I wouldn't wish it on you
I wouldn't wish any of my mental conditions on you
I just wish that y'all would leave me for dead
Wish that I would go away and fall asleep in my bed
I'm lethal instead, but I supposedly thrived
Anyone or anything that got too close to me died
Supposed to be live, fuck it, I'm supposed to be king
'Pose to murder everything like an associate of Ming
Listen, I ain't takin' your word, man
Just give me all the "Cash Money" like Birdman

From the album Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell.

Jedi Mind Tricks

Anonymous said...

Dan-E-O, I don't know what's worse being a wannabe rapper or wrestler. K-Fed has more credibility in the wrestling ring and in the music industry. And he doesn't need videoFACT (aka music video welfare).

Unknown said...

BigDaddyWannabe, are you fucking serious? K-Fed has no credibility whatsoever. He decided to fuck Brittney and use her to launch his career. That's not credibility, that's being a whore. And as for the wrestling thing, I don't see WWE begging for his pathetic ass to come back. All of OIW is clamoring for more Dan-e-o.

Also, last time I checked, K-Fed and Dan-e-o have the exact same number of Billboard hits. Which is sad, considering that's what FedEx is shooting for.