Check This Out...

5.26.2007

Talkin' Smack! - Black Holes and Revalations

This week's edition of "Talkin' Smack!" has been brought to you by O-ster, The Notorious D.J.B. Tha O Show thanks him for his contribution. Enjoy.

I was thoroughly impressed by "SmackDown!" this week, but my balls were sucked by the main event. But let's start out with the beginning of the show, shall we?

Edge is BACK baby! The old Edge, the one most of us marked out for. King Promo! I'm excited to see where The Rated R Era will take us. And "holla holla holla", I'm actually a mark for Teddy too. These two could have killer promos in the future, and this is why Edge is or will return to King Promo status.

A Fatal Four Way match is announced for the main event with a great wrestler (Finlay), a good wrestler (Kane), a roided up retard (Batista) and a fat tub of goo (Mark Henry). Excellent...a black hole.

Anytime Paul London and Brian Kendrick are on TV, you know you'll see some true wrestling. I liked seeing them with William Regal and Dave Taylor, a near dream match. Deuce and Domino are OVER as heels, no doubt about it. And for that, I give them their props. My only question is, were Regal and Taylor just there as filler to further the feud (alliteration at its best) or could we see some tag team triple threats in our future?

This Carolinian hopes so. There was, of course, great heel teaming by the veterans, and great action overall. But as a heel team, there isn't one better than Regal and Taylor. As a side note, everytime I see Sliced Bread Numero Dos, I "O".

MIDGET SPOT! Yes, I did indeed "O" for this as well. As a matter of fact Hornswoggle may be my third favorite wrestler. Finlay telling Edge he could have the belt back for now was a good way to build the anticipation for the main event too, I like the way that WWE is incorporating older style booking back into the shows.

Is Jillian Hall's singing really needed? She should come out and dance...that'd be more entertaining. Although, if it keeps Michelle McCool on TV I wont complain, and Michelle, by the way, is improving much the way Candace Michelle is over on "Raw".

Vickie Guerrero is the new assistant to Teddy Long, which could be good or bad. I just wonder if she'll try and "fix" the past by helping Rey Mysterio upon his return, in a kayfabe sense of course.

The main event waiting to happen, Matt Hardy defeats The Miz-erable. Honestly, I could watch Miz matches over and over just to hear JBL rip him, although lately his ripping isn't as good as it used to be. Matt Hardy is a workhorse being "Raw" and "SmackDown!" every week. Let's face it, dude doesn't lose much, and with good reason. Plus that tag belt he held high tonight could be a singles belt in the future, hopefully the BIG singles belt.

Matt Hardy isn't under the glass ceiling, he's in the glass room with a sawed off 12-gauge and the shell ready to be fired. When the trigger is pulled, there could be no stopping this future World Champ. Yep, that's right, V1 will wear big gold within the next 2-3 years.

Is it just me or is Mark Henry's gimmick Monty Cor Brown's old one? Only the E doesn't realize it because the two are on different brands. "Cor Brown", by the way, still has "Alpha Male" attached to his name and his trunks, but really, who cares?

MVP is a guy who I went from hating to absolutely loving. Keeping him in a feud with Chris Benoit could hurt him, but I do think that it will indeed be a help, because these two put on some of the best matches that the E has ever shown. That simply cannot be denied. The obnoxious T.O. gimmick is getting old, but on this occaision it was enjoyable because there actually was an occasion. Does Benoit even know how to hold back on his chops? I doubt it, but hey, they look and sound good.

Chavo Guerrero and Jimmy Wang Yang had a good quick match, and I've got to say these two could put on top matches as well. Chavo is such a good heel, it's hard to believe that he hasn't been utilized more. It's a shame.

Batista promo...nuff said.

Edge on commentary for the main event was pretty good, and it gave me a revalation: Edge and JBL could have been (or could be if JBL ever returns) a great feud complete with wild promos and great action. It's sad, but I'm a mark for both these guys.

The main event as a match was done decent enough, but with Roidtista going over, it was all for naught. He sells the leg at the weirdest times... and what was with the Hornswoggle non-spot? I didn't get it.

Here's my thing about Batista going over: it's not only that he's total trash as an in-ring performe, it's that there is nothing but the belt for he and Edge to feud about. The belt should be made by a feud, not a feud be made by a belt. Did I say belt? Oh I'm sorry, "Championship".

Here's a quick question: With all this Vince Russo-like booking for WWE's One Night Stand, is the E trying to bury the ECW name or honor it?


2 comments: on "Talkin' Smack! - Black Holes and Revalations"

Frank The Rocker said...

My favourite parts of the show were the London & Kendrick VS Regal & Taylor. I don't know about the rest of you guys but that match seemed to stand out for me. And you can never get enough of The Boogeyman :D
Oh yes and when the midget stole Edges title, that made me piss my pants cause I was laughing so hard...
I was always a fan of Edge and now that hes back I can sense some good stuff coming in the future, better then before!

Downtown said...

Regal and Taylor should get a title run... triple tag at the next PPV... any of those three teams I'd be satisfied with though

I've known MVP has had potential, but its getting so clear... him and Kennedy are going to be our next Rock and Austin and the company knows it

As far as MVPs promo... it was GOLD... I just didnt feel like a triple-german was "practical" for Benoit to pull out... If some dude is in my face "berating" me it seems more natural to just brawl... wrestling moves are for between the bells in my opinion... I know wrestling isnt designed for logic, but Benoit's tag is "4real"

I dug the Hardy v Miz match... I know nobody gives a shit about MIz but he's better than Boogey and who didnt like seeing his nose busted?