Check This Out...

2.13.2008

Happy Birthday To Tha O Show!

On February 11th, 2006, Dan-e-o and I were on the phone - shootin' the shit when an idea dawned on us. You know, people might actually find some of our conversations entertaining. You've got the background as a professional musician / entertainer ... I'm a long time radio guy with a history in the wrestling biz... why not put those assets together and build something?

His exact response: "Fuck yeah bro. Let's do it".

That night I registered ThaOShow.com and by February 13th our first article was posted.

I want to thank all of those sponsors, writers, wrestlers, fighters, and contributers - past and present who have helped make us so successful.

From Ben Boudreau (the first guy we allowed into the inner circle) to Andrew Gray and Dante Ross - the most recent. Thanks to DJB and Brian Plunkett Christopher Casur who do so much for us... not just with the material they produce for all of you, but with their creative input, behind the scenes contributions and fierce loyalty.

Of course - I have to again thank that fat retard, the man formerly known as Frank Fronte. I will by the way be posting his name change certificate on Tha O Show in the next week... don't forget to bring it to the studio Fatty.

Fronte is a team player who ALMOST always plays along.

After I left The Law, I truly wondered if I'd ever be part of a successful wrestling media project again. I worked on "Wrestling Love" (a telephone hotline,) "The Wrestling Wrap" (hotline and TV show), Slam! Wrestling (as a columnist) and countless other stops along the way. None of it was quite the same.

When my bro Dan-e-o told me he was down to do our own online gimmick ... I thought - this could be a lot of fun. Tha O Show has far surpassed our expectations and is only getting bigger and better.

The ancillory benefits attached to the Tha O Show have outweighed any other wrestling project I've ever been apart of.

  • We have a hugely successful online radio show
  • A fiercly loyal audience
  • An online store with merch we can barely keep stocked
  • Dan-e-o and I were afforded the opportunity to become a top notch announce team and live indy shows
  • I was handed the book at LLW back in May - a personal dream come true for me to have full creative control over a wrestling property
  • The Sponsorships

    I mean, it's been great! Not to mention, unlike any other hotline, radio show, tv program or website I've ever been affiliated with - this is the first where people who are IN the business repeatedly tell me how much they love what we're doing.

    How many wrestlers listen to online radio shows in general? Probably a very low number. But research shows - that a significant part of our audience are workers - Canadian, American and International.

    Okay - the big put over is done... I'm just excited - and damn proud!

    Happy Birthday fam.


  • 10 comments: on "Happy Birthday To Tha O Show!"

    Dan-e-o said...

    Two years dude! And we've only just begun. Rispek man.

    Thanks to the ENTIRE Nation of O!! We can't do this without y'all.

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats on hitting 2 years guys!

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats on 2 yeares, hopefully 20 years or more to come.

    Anonymous said...

    From the United Kingdom, Happy Birthday Tha O Show, keep up the excellent written contributions and piss funny radio show

    Anonymous said...

    To our fav canadien wankers! From the boys in NZ happy birthday!

    D.J.B. said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    D.J.B. said...

    Happy Birthday guys. I don't know if I speak for Christopher, but I'm pretty sure I do when I say it's been our honor, and we're in for the long haul. Even though Tha O Show is relatively new, it's already huge, but it aint halfway done concerning the growth it will go on to experience.

    Much respect to the best damn announce team in wrestling for bringing this to all of us. Even though we aren't all marks, we are ALL marks for Tha O Show. Because lets face it, "once you go O, there's no other show."

    Christopher Casúr said...

    Bust out the noisemakers, champagne, and hookers! Happy birthday, O Show!

    I echo DJB's sentiments, I consider it a priviledge to be able to be part of the team of the greatest wrestling and MMA site in the world. You guys deserve huge props for what you've accomplished, and I look forward to not only helping out your product any way I can in the future, but also to hopefully make it up there one week to be on the show.

    Anonymous said...

    Happy birthday O Show.

    Man, I've been coming here for a while! I remember first discovering you guys on a google search actually. Now over a year later I'm still reading and listening. Good work.

    Anonymous said...

    As someone who went from being a wrestling fan for 25 years, listening to your show, commenting on the show, to becoming a writer for it, I can only say thanks and let's keep this shit rolling!

    For serious, this is the best online wrestling show. Period. Have you ever listened to the others? They sound like crap. You guys are the shit and should be proud of it. Thanks for having me on board.