Check This Out...

7.16.2006

Saturday Night's Main Event.... booo

Ok, just so I'm not completely negative, I'm gonna start this article off with a photo of Dave Finlay as the United States Champ. Seeing Finlay last night was one of the few highlights for me.

Where do I start?

The WWE has completley KILLED the five dudes who have been workin their asses off in the Spirit Squad. How do TWO men beat FIVE? The only way possible is if those five are total shit. Oh wait, these are the current TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS aren't they? So how'd they get squashed? uhhh.

Couldn't they have had a leigitmate title defence? Take DX against say Kenny and Johnny (the two best workers for the Squad) and have an actual title match. You could end it with a schmoz and outside interference, OR, here's a novel idea - PUT THE KIDS OVER! I mean, what ELSE does DX have going on? Once this is done, who are they gonna move onto? I hear The Nation might be plannin a reunion tour.

I get that they wanna have a Hulk Hogan - Randy Orton match. I get that they wanna run a Randy - Brooke storyline to give Brooke a lil' pub. Ok. But, does Brooke have to be so vapid that she makes Jessica Simpson look like Einstein? "Dad, what happened? What happened to him Randy?"

This just in: Batista's back.
This just in: He's still shit.

Ok, you want positive things to focus on. Carlito is SICK! My man has taken his game to the next level. The only problem is, they had him saddled in some B.S. mixed tag. Why? They obviously wanna save the Carlito - Nitro match for Summerslam. Alright cool - but how about a non title match (Rey Rey knows that gimmick).

Speaking of which, did you love Michael Cole's line last night? "Rey Mysterio is the greatest underdog champion of all time". WTF? What does that mean? Underdog champion? The champion isn't SUPPOSED TO BE an underdog! Greatest of all time? Who are you comparing him to Cole?

The fact that the Great Khali is getting this much of a push while guys like Kendrick and London are left off the show really pisses me off. Is it just me or is he the least intimidating big man ever? His sunken chest and frying pan face just doesn't send fear into my heart.

At least it was a free show! Here's hoping tonight's PPV makes this wrestling weekend a lil bit hotter.


7 comments: on "Saturday Night's Main Event.... booo"

Anonymous said...

Rocky.

Rocky was an underdog champion and probably one of the best fictional champions of all time.

Just like Rey Mysterio.

Anonymous said...

Why was WWE Human highlight reel a know show Shelton Benjamin has stolen every single show he is on yet they have fighting in dark matches.Randy RKO HULK was classic

Big Daddy Donnie said...

One thing I forgot to mention that REALLY pissed me off...

I should have mentioned this after ECW on Sci Fi.

Sabu...
cutting a promo??

WTF??

This guy has told me on several occassions (as well as anyone else within the business) that if he EVER spoke while in character his uncle (the original Sheik) would kill him! When the Sheik died someone asked him if he would cut a promo, to which Sabu replied, "He'll come from the grave and kill me".

The sidebar issue on that is ... I'm not even sure if that IS Sabu's voice. I've heard him speak in his normal tone, and his pissed off voice - now admittedly it's been a while, but for some reason, that just didn't sound like him to me.


----

Another major plus

JBL on the mic.
Hell, JBL doing ANYTHING.

This guy is a more credible world champion than Rey RIGHT NOW despite the fact that he's too injured to work.

Anonymous said...

The Undertaker = ECW

like

ROBOCOP = WCW

huh????......

Big Daddy Donnie said...

YES!
HE IS TALKING!!!!!!!!

Has Sabu EVER spoken in wrestling??
Even on an untelevised indy show?

NO!

Anonymous said...

JBL is gold on the mic. Especially when he cuts promos while he's touring Texas.

Big Daddy Donnie said...

Sabu swore to his uncle he'd NEVER speak.... that was the character that was creeated. Sabu respected / feared The Sheik more than I've seen from anyone else to anyone else.

It's almost creepy