Check This Out...

6.11.2006

"O" My God!

Mark the date and the time kids, because this doesn't happen often - and by not often I mean never. I am about to do something that is completely out of character for me. I am going to admit that I was wrong.

My fears that have been building the last few weeks over the new ECW product were fueled by the Wednesday night show but completely incinerated (much like Mick Foley was tonight) by One Night Stand.

This pay per view was beyond sick. Everything worked. Ok, not EVERYTHING. I'm still confused over the booking of the main event with Edge helping RVD win the title. I'm confused by Joey Styles' use of the term "The New WWE / ECW Champion". I'm confused as to why there were so many ECW stars at the event that weren't used at all. But I'll take all that in stride, because this show was off the charts.

I had a little ECW party at my place. Dan-e-o and I tried desperately to count the O's. It started with Lawler smacking the glasses off Joey Styles' face and ended with RVD beating Cena for the title. In between there were several hundred circular vowels.

EVEN the freakin' Big Show got not one, but TWO O's! The Big Show! The man who I previously referred to as The Big Shw, because he didn't even deserve to have an O. He had more O's tonight than he's had in his entire WWF / E career.

Right now I'm pretty pissed that no Canadian network has picked up the broadcast rights to ECW. If this PPV was an indication at all of what the weekly TV show is going to be like, The Sci-Fi network is about to explode.

I'm still not 100% convinced Vince will keep his hands out of the weekly program, but if he does, this show has the potential to be very, very special.

I'm a mark again.

In the immortal words of Paul Heyman on June 11th 2006: "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!"

EC F'N W.


2 comments: on ""O" My God!"

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself Big Daddy. ECW put on a great show but that's all it was so far. One great show. Will the weekly show be as good? Is Sci-Fi and the new FCC going to allow that kind of action on free tv?

I doubt it.

Brian G said...

Aww, the FCC doesn't care about violence, you can be as violent as you want to be. See in the good ole U-S-of-A, violence is natural.

Now seeing a woman's boobie! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! HIDE THE CHILLUNS!