Check This Out...

4.03.2006

Wrestlemania Hangover...

Ok, here's my chance to brag... I won the Wrestlemania prediction challenge, but WOW - the story reported by Meltzer that several finishes to major matches were changed at the last second certainly seemed to hold water.

Cena retained? What? Hunter tapped? What? Before this starts sounding like an Austin promo, let me ask you - why did the Backlash promo have Cena say "At Backlash I take what's mine..." What the hell is that? He's talking about his damn belt isn't he? If not - then what the hell does he want?

I was really hoping that during the main event, Cena would just flip off the fans and go all out heel. At least that would make his win logical.

Rey going over was just evidence that despite the fact that no one really accepts Rey as a legitimate World Champion, the WWE is so concerned with growing their latin market in the U.S. that they will take a flyer on Junior.

RVD? I guess this was a decision made to try and pop a few more buys on One Night Only 2? When the decision to not put Hunter over was made, I'm guessing that blew Flair's opportunity to snatch that case. I'm not sure I'm thrilled with the choice to put Rob over in that match, but the match itself was spectacular. Filled with "O"'s. Thank you Shelton.

The Undertaker really understands what it means to give something special at Mania.

How much did Foley get to do that? It wasn't enough.

Wow - was the Boogeyman exposed or what? He looked terrible.

Who has better facial reactions than Vince McMahon? The finish to his match with HBK was truly memorable. Do you really need to any DX references though?

Mickie James was awesome... despite the botched finish. Don't get me wrong, I still have no time for the E's women's division. Speaking of the girlies - how was that a "pillow" fight? It was a match with 3/4 of the ring occupied with Edge and Lita's celebratory bed.

Bret Hart felt uncomfortable being acknowledged last night. Give me a break. I know he said all along he wouldn't be there, but for God's sake Bret... give the crowd in Chicago who still give a shit about you and the fans on PPV a chance to say goodbye. Classy.

Overall, this was a great show in my opinion - significantly better than last year's.

Lemme know what YOU THOUGHT! Leave a comment, or drop me an email bigdaddy@thaoshow.com


0 comments: on "Wrestlemania Hangover..."