Check This Out...

1.06.2010

TNA Moving To Monday Permanently?

Flying high off the ratings success of this past Monday night’s 3 Hour Live TNA iMPACT! TNA may have gotten the numbers it needs to secure the weekly Monday night timeslot with Spike TV.

TNA Wrestling superstar Kevin Nash made this comment on his Twitter page recently: “I think going head 2 head every Monday is in the works. Spike was happy with the ratings. Special for me to be back with the band. Great night!”

TNA officials and Spike TV executives were thrilled with the iMPACT! rating numbers that came in on Tuesday. As previously reported, iMPACT! drew a 1.5 overall rating (2.2 million viewers) with the show peaking at a 1.9 rating (2.5 million viewers) for start of hour 2, featuring the debut of Hulk Hogan.

President Dixie Carter wrote the following on her Twitter page yesterday: “Thank you, thank you for helping TNA set RECORD ratings in every way last night. We all won”.

There is now serious discussions within TNA of putting on a weekly Monday night show and going head to head with the WWE’s RAW. So far the first scenario would see TNA iMPACT! running in the 8pm to 10pm timeslot. Thereby only going head to head with RAW for 1 hour.

Don’t say I never told you. It’s lookin’ like it might go down. Are the Monday Night Wrestling Wars back? Or is this a mere attempt to recreate history that not everyone was a fan of. What do you think. Do we even want or need the Monday Night Wrestling Wars back?

Stay tuned....


11 comments: on "TNA Moving To Monday Permanently?"

Dante said...

This isn’t a war, dude. Its barely a skirmish. When TNA starts getting 2’s in their ratings then it may be cause for alarm or joy. I’m not happy that either show is getting the ratings they are. I want low ones for Raw just so they can say “The shit we’re churning out isn’t cutting it.”

With these lackluster shows getting a high 1 and being happy means they are happy with the status quo.

David Strickland said...

FYI that was TNA's biggest rating ever. Regardless of the night.

Christopher Casúr said...

I agree with Dante. Ratings that don't even spike 2 aren't cause to say the war is on. Besides, how is TNA going to keep up the momentum they garnered from this show? Did they do anything on Monday that might lead anyone to believe they can keep their ratings that high? They should have showcased their product rather than brought in a bunch of old names that won't contribute to the quality of the shows.

David Strickland said...

It's not me saying the war is on it's TNA saying it. Get off my back, I'm reporting what they say.

All I see is a bunch of dudes crying about everything, all the time.

No one seems to be happy with anything anyone is doing. Which is totally wack. Maybe ya'll need to stop watching or maybe I need to stop writing.

I'm just sayin'...now don't go catching feelings and biting off my head.

Christopher Casúr said...

Relax, Gordo, my comments weren't an attack on you. TNA is really, really nuts if they think they're anywhere close to becoming the number one wrestling program. Monday night's show wasn't terrible, but I really thought that, given the circumstances (first Monday night show, live, along with the debut of Hulk Hogan) TNA was going to come out, guns blazing, and put on a show that was damn near pay-per-view quality.

Dante said...

Don’t get all Shawn Morgan on me, dude. There’s no need to threaten to stop writing or anything because a couple dudes you haven’t met disagree with what’s being reported. TNA brought a musket gun fight. I’m a fan of wrestling and wish TNA and WWE were so damned good I had to choose which to watch weekly. Read my shit, dude. I’m the most positive son of a bitch here.

But by having fans choose between two shows on the same night they will be hurting one of them. This isn’t like in the 90’s where they will each survive and make each other better. Neither show is trying to improve to combat the other is what bothers me about the possibility of TNA moving to Mondays.

Don’t make me pick between which show to watch. Make me want to watch either.

D.J.B. said...

Don't let it get you Gordo. It's just the nature of the beast.

I could come on here and report that Barrack Obama's presidential approval rating is only 6% higher than that of George W. Bush (which is fact according to Yahoo.com) and I'd get my ass run off the site. Funniest thing about that though is non-American's would be just as or more pissed than American's.

When you report the news people do shoot the messenger. Inadvertantly or not, it still happens.

I want both shows to be good, and unlike every other negative person (except for the uber positive yet manically insane Dante) I was happy with TNA. I don't give a shit that their biggest draws outside of the TNA Championship match have an average age of 94. They were fucking old when WCW was still good. Be happy that there is something on to watch.

Dante said...

Insane? Insane?! Would an insane person create a fake wrestling league where he plays 7 of he 8 guys on the roster? No.

Anyway, least you got folks talking, dude. My articles are the ROH of Tha O Show. People know they're there. They just dot check them out. Woot woot!

David Strickland said...

I'm just sayin'.....I'm watching it again tonight (Thursday) HAHA!!

kathy said...

wow you should really exchange digits guys so we the o-sters can read something other than you bitchng and whinning.

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!