Check This Out...

9.20.2008

Friday Night Fallout

I really should change the name of this article, but I wont because the name I'd change it to would be a total shot at Triple H. Other than himself who does it really help to have him keep winning? Certainly not the business. Why would he go over on MVP to be attacked by Kozlov? Who decided Kozlov needed this push? Triple H? Probably.

Jeff Hardy is the number one contender to the WWE Championship, and I can hear people start ranting about his "airport incident" but every dirt sheet I've checked says it's a "non-issue" so unless the E is going to make yet another multi man match for the WWE Championship why is Kozlov running rough shod over everyone right now? So Triple H can be the first to defeat him too? Probably.

The Brian Kendrick is still in the midst of his current push even though he's lost more than he's won. MVP on the other hand for some reason is being de-pushed. He's losing more than he's winning but he's had the exposure that Kendrick is just now getting. People may not be fully behind The Brian Kendrick right now in cheers or boos, but MVP is quickly falling from grace, and somebody on the creative team needs to cut that shit out right now.

Colt Cabana was squashed by The Great Khali. Who was then announced to be competing against Vladimir Kozlov next week. Time out, can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on? Kozlov is attacking the #1 contender. He's attacking the WWE Champion, and now he's being placed in a match with someone who is a sideshow attraction in the WWE. Shoot me now.

My articles seem to be very different. ECW is without a shadow of a doubt THA show. "SmackDown" is easily number two. TNA and "Raw" can fight it out for the shittiest of the shit. "SmackDown" isn't terrible by any stretch of the imagination but what hurts "SmackDown" is the situation of it's top champion. He has to bury everyone. He has to do it in matches and on the mic. Triple H buried Shelton Benjamin a while back, and now Benjamin is losing to R-Truth. Truth should have never been near Benjamin in the first place.

Shelton Benjamin needed to continue doing what he was doing, and defeating people, having great matches, not getting beat by Triple H and now R-Truth. Shelton Benjamin is an awesome talent. He may not be the best worker, and he may not be the greatest mic guy, but he does enough of each to get by, and he's relatively over. Let him hold that belt and defend it. Don't have H beat him or R-Truth either.

The Big Show/Undertaker angle continues to grow but it does one thing that should be hidden at all costs and that is the absence of Edge. Edge carried that show. Triple H doesn't do much for the quality of the show, his name will make a few casuals watch, but not much else. Edge kept the show interesting. His story-lines were constantly intriguing and he is great at what he does. I'm sure Edge's return will be a result of this feud, but man it needs to get here.

Carlito is on TV for two weeks in a row, holy shit I think I may faint. Thank God though. When Miz and Morrison had the WWE Tag straps people payed attention to them. Since Hawkins and Ryder have had them people forgot they existed. Now with Primo and Carlito going to challenge people may perk up and care again.

Hopefully though Edge will return soon and all the story-lines will pick back up and "SmackDown" can be back up there with ECW but from everything I saw this week I didn't really see anything that made "SmackDown" much more than just a little better than "Raw," while in the past it's been much better than "Raw".

Quick results...
*Michelle McCool def. Maryse
*Ryan Braddock vs. Festus ends in DQ
*R-Truth def. Shelton Benjamin
*Jeff Hardy def. The Brian Kendrick
*Khali def. Cabana
*Triple H def. MVP




9 comments: on "Friday Night Fallout"

Anonymous said...

The chick match was barely watchable. I was just like "Whatever, dude." Sadly Bathroom Break wasn't available so I toughed it outand laughed at how two women that weigh probably as much as me combined fought over that piece of candy they call a title. I shoot wanna eat that belt.

I get having Jesse and Festus have a moving company to jab at what is my Ch. 5 for having SD move to My Network, but couldn't they have used someone I didnt care about like Funaki? Their gear looked too Duke The Dumpster to me. Anyway, it doesnt matter. On my stations they were already on My Network before moving to Ch. 5. It'd be like TNA talking trash about Spike while moving back to TNN.

K-Kwik beat Shelton and I couldnt have been more pissed. Please have him stop rapping to the ring. I wouldnt care so much if his rap was cool, but its the drippy shits. I hoped with the way his promos were done that he would be more serious but as soon as that music starts its like "Here comes the white shirt and black tattoos on purple skin!" Bathroom Break made a run-in but interference by Snack Break made me watch the end of the match.

Jeff beat TBK and again I was upset. I like TBK. I never thought I would this much but I do. His running calf kick (thanks SDvsRaw07!) is beautiful. Jeff beat him for what reason? To lose to The Shame in a few weeks. Oh, bother...

Khali beat Colt Cabana with the lamest ass chokeslam ever. Cabana might as well have just fallen onto his back and gotten pinned. This is what Holly should be doing. Not the guys The E is trying to groom as the next generation to job to HHH.

HHH beat MVP (goddamn if I aint sick of all these initials!). MVP looked good but I would rather have seen Khali lose in a PPV rematch. I liked Koslov running in afterwards. That headbutt/ram thingy looks fucked up and I mean that in a good way. I swear, between him and Kendrick them writers are doing something right. Yet with Shelton, MVP, and K-Kwik they are doing something so wrong. Shit. This is like throwing fuel on a Black Prophet fire. Maybe there isnt enough room on SD for MVP, HHH, and Hardy.

D.J.B. said...

I hope the black prophet will get violent and take Triple H's ass to the woodshed. The WWE isn't big enough for HHH/anyone else who he feels is over

Anonymous said...

Guys, seriously. Can anyone remember a time when the Undertaker was physically dismantled like he was by the big show at the ppv. I sure cant

Anonymous said...

Giant Gonzalez comes to mind. Remember when he debuted during the Royal Rumble? He manhandled Taker. When I first saw that it shocked the shit out of me.

Taker getting destroyed isnt new. We've seen him and Show fight before. Speaking of Show, by God, shave your chest! No one's body should remind me of carpeting from "That 70's Show."

Anonymous said...

I know, I was being sarcastic. About 10 names come to mind when you ask me that question, including Gonzals, Kane, Khali, etc. My point is I'm so sick of hearing announcers say that, as if we forgot about the taker/khali fued that happened less than 6 months ago.

Anonymous said...

MVP actually looked good, it wasn't a complete burial.

Kozlov is growing on me. The push/headbutt thingy is sick. As a monster he's already a better worker than Khali. Make him the new monster heel who everyone has to face for punishment. Only downside is it's painfully obvious he'll be losing to HHH in a title match within 3 months.

D.J.B. said...

It wasn't a complete burial in the match itself but the perception of MVP is not helped by this at all. He's losing every time he's out there and I don't know what's going on backstage but it sounds like management isn't high on him like they were.

Kozlov could very well be a great monster heel but he'll have absolutely no momentum once he loses to Triple H and all that's going to happen is he'll move down the card and destroy the same guys again only to lose to Triple H again. It's a terrible cycle for anyone to be in when Triple H is in the top spot.

Downtown said...

Anyone expect HHH to go midcard? Besides Show got more camera time than HHH this week. What dictates "top spot" these days? Camera time, titles, main event spot?

Kozlov is Vince's new interest, i assume Umaga has been replaced.

D.J.B. said...

I can hope Triple H goes midcard can't I?

I think Youmanga is injured isn't he? If not you're absolutely right, if he is, you're absolutely right too, so yeah, you're right.