Check This Out...

1.18.2007

Firing Spree

WWE today announced the release of 11 wrestlers from their roster. Most of the stars were from the ECW brand. The list includes;

Gangrel, The Gymini, Tony Momaluke, Al Snow, Doug Basham, Danny Basham, Jazz, Rodney Mack, Sylvester Terkay and C.W. Anderson.

Many of the moves cannot be considered a surprise as many of these stars had not been used in several months.

I didn't actually know Gangrel was under contract to WWE, so this comes as doubly shocking. Releasing a married couple, as Rodney and Jazz, are is never nice, but neither has been a contributor to WWE television.

Al Snow was also released from his talent contract with ECW, but will stay on as Head Trainer of OVW.

The one star from this list that I would grab if I was TNA is C.W. Anderson who might be the best worker of this list. I do also suspect that if Al Snow wants to, he could get himself booked on many independent shows.


11 comments: on "Firing Spree"

Anonymous said...

SICK!

Gangrel, The Gymini, Tony Momaluke, Al Snow, Doug Basham, Danny Basham, Jazz, Rodney Mack, Sylvester Terkay, and C.W. Anderson should all be upcoming guests on Tha O Show!

Anonymous said...

Who the hell is gonna win the Royal Rumble? There is no good people who you can picture going to Wrestlmania. WHY DID THE ALPHA MALE GO TO ECW!

Tha O Show Staff said...

In a related story,

Frank Fronte, Kingdom James, The Stro,
Brian Garside, Luke Wykes and Brian Plunkett have all been released by Tha O Show.

All of us here at Tha O Show wish them the best in their future endeavors.

Tim Haught said...

WWE has just signed Cassidy Riley and Ace Steel to developmental deals. I guess we will see what develops. Amazing to me they have taken steel, but have not taken Colt Cabana yet. ANYWAYS...

If I were TNA, I would be taking a serious look at the Bashams, Rodney Mack, Jazz, and the Gymini.

Doug Basham is perhaps the only one who can work under his WWE name, as it is his real name. I am not sure about Jazz's situation, as she had the name pre-WWE.

I think Mack's alternate Redd Dawg persona can make money. I know that both Doug and Danny Basham are fantastic workers when given a chance. Also, I think in a role other than that of "The Dicks", the Shane Twins can be valuable to TNA. In fact, I am very suprised that WWE let these guys go, rather than repackaging them, as they seem to be the type Vince loves to push.

CW Anderson is a personal favorite of mine, and there might be some upside to Terkay vs. Angle, but I would stick with those I mentioned first as being real viable options for TNA.

TNA did not bite on Mack and Jazz the last time they were released, and showed only a moderate interest in the Shane Twins, one of which, Mike, is directly responsible for Michael Shane/Matt Bentley's name change.

TNA's roster is too big to begin with. It will be interesting to see if they pick up anyone from the latest round of WWE cuts, as they didn't take many from the last round (remember WWE makes released wrestlers sign a rather lengthy no compete clause)

Anonymous said...

The two cuts that bug me the most are Gangrel (cause I thought the Brood ruled) and Jazz. With the Women's division recently loosing Trish and Lita, with their newer acquisitions (Beth Pheonix) not working as expected, Jazz had a lot to offer. I really think you should have a least one wrestler in the ring who knows what they're doing....
Mack seems an obvious, but maybe awkward, fit for LAX until Konnan is in better health. He could easily come across as a millitant gangster.
I heard they also let a writer from SD go.

Anonymous said...

I shall take my severance pay and head off to the indy wrestling website circuit.

Anonymous said...

Is that a joke? Cuz I like Frank front on the o show!

Dan-e-o said...

Of course Tha O Show firings is just a work. You think Ben would have REALLY made the cut if it wasn't?




Just playin' Ben.

Big Daddy Donnie said...

Hahaha
Stiff

fallen0ne said...

It seems Tatanka and Mike Knox were also on the list for about 15 minutes and then their names were taken off. The next two to go maybe?

Brian G said...

DAMN! Now that's cold, finding out about your firing by reading comments.