Check This Out...

12.26.2006

Words From Stro: "James Brown, Rocky and 2007"

Ed: The following column was written by The Stro formerly The Maestro in World Championship Wrestling

Hello Everyone! Hope you all had a nice Christmas holiday! Mine this year has been pretty relaxing, hanging out and having dinner with relatives and family. I've got two new dogs now. One is named "Duke" who is half bloodhound, half german shepard and the other's name is "Charlie". He is half palmeranian, half chiwawa.

Thank you all by the way who have sent their thoughtful Christmas emails, ecards, cards, and gifts through the mail. I really do appreciate you all! I'm not sure what I am doing for New Years yet, but I am sure I will find somewhere to celebrate it last minute. Looking forward to a great 2007 as I wish the same for everyone. Now on with the "Words From Stro".

I was very sorry to hear about the passing of "The Godfather of Soul" James Brown. It was an honor and a pleasure to share the same stage and ring with him at WCW's 2000 Superbrawl PPV along with Ernest "The Cat" Miller. Meeting Mr. Brown that night in San Francisco was a real treat as he was such a class act. Also knowing that this man met and influenced my grand uncle Gorgeous George years ago made it extra special for me as well. My thoughts and condolences go out to his family, friends and fans. We all will never forget you.

Went to check out the Rocky Balboa movie yesterday. This latest installment in the Rocky saga has to be one of the best I have seen in a long time. The acting and the atmosphere of it was reminescent of the classics. There were a few scenes where you just couldn't help but tear up. The fight scene was fantastic with an authentic HBO/ESPN type appeal. Big thanks to Sylvester Stallone, cast, and crew for a great performance. I recommend this film as this is a must see for any Rocky fan!

I will be returning to West Virginia for NWA Mountain State wrestling January 13th in Hinton, West Virginia. Last year I had a great run there and I'm looking forward to returning there once again to see all the great West Virginia fans.

Talks are in the works for me to be possibly returning to Ontario, Canada January 26th for the WWA. January 26th is my birthday and if things are settled, we will be having a birthday celebration as well. I will keep you all informed as it will be great to see my Canadian fans once again.

Once again, big thanks to the WWE for their support of our soldiers in Iraq with their annual "Christmas with the Troops" special. One of my favorite WWE shows of the year.

Tales from the Lair
____________________

"I have played Santa Clause quite a few times over the years. But one of the most interesting I recall was several years back I was in Peterborough, Ontario Canada as I was hiding out in the snow and cold awaiting to go inside the Morley home where Sean "Val Venis", family,friends, and children were waiting. I was wearing the Santa suit Sean's sister Alana had given me as I pranced into the house chanting "Ho ho ho" to the kids. But what response did I get from the children? "Gorgeous George, you grew a beard!"


Stro Mailbox
____________________

Ron from California:

"Hi Stro! Would be great if you can come back to Cali. Got any shows this way?"

Stro: Talking about heading back to Cali sometime in the beginning of February. Will keep everyone posted.

Jessica from West Virginia:

"We miss you up here Stro! When will you be back in West Virginia again?"

Stro: Missed you all too. January 13th in Hinton, West Virginia

Zack from Nevada:

"Stro, will you be acting in any othe TV series or films this year?"

Stro: Plan to look into some auditions for more TV and film work for the coming year. Will keep you all posted.


To email feedback for the mailbox section
of the Words from Strozilla column, email to:
wordsfromstrozilla@yahoo.com. Let me hear from you!

To book Stro formerly WCW's Maestro (U.S. and Internationally) for
appearances,autograph signings,seminars,or for your
pro wrestling event,
email at:
stro4ya@yahoo.com (Please put booking somewhere in the subject line)

Some upcoming events and more:

January 5th
ACPW event
Kenansville, North Carolina
E.E. Smith Middle School
Belltime: 7:45 pm est.
http://www.freewebs.com/acpwpro

January 13th
NWA Mountain State event
Hinton, West Virginia
Belltime: 8 pm
http://www.mountainstatewrestling.com

January 20th
ACPW event
Kenansville, North Carolina
E.E. Smith Middle School
Belltime: 7:45 pm est.
http://www.freewebs.com/acpwpro

January 26th
Stro's Birthday and possible booking in
Brampton, Ontario,Canada for WWA. More information posted as it develops...

Thank you all for taking the time to read my column. Till next time,you all have a great week and a happy 2007!. Please remember our brave men and women soldiers who fight and protect for all of us. Be safe and Happy New Year! God bless!

"Nobody can go toe to toe with the Stro!"
TheStro.com


1 comments: on "Words From Stro: "James Brown, Rocky and 2007""

Anonymous said...

God bless James Brown